Country/Region & Language preference
Senior Legal Officer
proven experience in as a Legal Counsel in a business environment
Fluent in English, German is a plus.
Based in Schengen, Luxembourg
PM-International AG is Europe’s largest health, fitness and beauty product direct selling company, and currently number 8 in the DSN Top 100 direct selling companies worldwide. For 30 years we have set the highest standards for development, manufacturing and distribution of premium products. Our group is present in 47 countries and our business is continually growing .
We are seeking to hire a Senior Legal Officer to be based in our International Headquarters in Luxembourg.
If you have substantial experience in a similar position, are highly motivated and have an excellent legal background, and if you are a true team player not afraid of challenges in a changing world, you could be the right person for the job.
The main role of the legal officer is to advise and support the management in all issues related to legal, regulatory and compliance matters and to provide objective and competent legal advice, especially with regards to commercial law and international competition law. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure. She/he will report directly to the CEO.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the CEO and management to devise efficient legal strategies;
- Give accurate and timely legal advice to executives in a variety of legal topics (international ventures and partnerships, corporate and commercial law, competition law, labour law, etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on potential legal issues;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities, etc.), creating relationships based on trust.
- Draft and update agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the safekeeping of the company’s and the group’s interests.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to be applied throughout the organization;
- Keep track of and update management on relevant changes in legislation.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS:
- Fully qualified lawyer (J.D., LLM or equivalent being an advantage), ideally with a specialization in commercial law and/or international competition law.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to create proactive and as the case may be defensive legal strategies
- Total commitment to professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and the ability to quickly analyze situations and information.
- experience in team management and ability to lead.
- Impeccable professional command of the English language, French and/or German being a definite advantage.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- An international, young, and fun work environment in a dynamically growing group.
- A generous voluntary social benefits program, including a monthly supply of some of our nutritional supplements.
- Private additional pension insurance.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Access to employee trainings and development programs.
- Free use of the in-house gym + optional training with a personal trainer.
- Company car and free parking.
At PM-International, you will have an opportunity to contribute, learn, grow, and make a difference. If this sounds like a perfect match for you, please include your resume/CV in English, a concise motivation letter and communicate your salary expectations as well as the earliest date of entry possible. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
We’re on the lookout for talented and motivated people who fit our culture as well as the job, and who are just as enthusiastic about working here as we are.
Don’t see your dream job?
Our team reviews every application. We will reach out to set up an interview if we feel you are a great fit.